A recent traffic stop by the New Albany Police Department resulted in the arrest of a 30-year-old Columbus man who was found to have an active warrant and a loaded firearm in his vehicle.
A police officer stopped the man's vehicle at 1:52 a.m. Sept. 13 at state Route 161 westbound and Johnstown Road for speeding, according to police reports.
The man was wanted on a warrant for a domestic-violence charge from the Columbus Division of Police, said police clerk Lauren Johnson.
Police charged the man with open container, offenses involving underage persons -- underage consumption of beer or intoxicating liquor, improper handling of firearms in a motor vehicle and having weapons under disability -- under indictment or convicted of felony.
In other New Albany police incident reports:
* A 34-year-old Columbus man and a 31-year-old Johnstown woman were cited for illegal use or possession of drug paraphernalia after a traffic stop at 11:30 p.m. Sept. 15 at Johnstown and Central College roads.
* A 56-year-old Rushville man was arrested for OVI after a traffic stop at 11:26 p.m. Sept. 14 at state Route 161 eastbound and Beech Road.
* A 26-year-old New Albany man was arrested for improper handling of firearms in a vehicle -- transporting loaded firearms after a traffic stop at 9:51 p.m. Sept. 13 on the 200 block of East Main Street. Police found a loaded handgun in the vehicle's glove box.
* Theft was reported at 8:14 p.m. Sept. 13 on the 8100 block of Parsons Street. Personal identity, medication, credit cards, a purse, a wallet and mail were reported stolen, Johnson said.
* An attempted theft was reported at 8:05 a.m. Sept. 13 on the 8100 block of Griswold Drive.
A theft also was reported at 7:01 a.m. Sept. 13 on the 8100 block of Griswold Drive. Items reported stolen included personal identity, credit cards, a bicycle, a purse, a wallet and $25 in cash, Johnson said.
She said the incidents were under investigation.
* Attempted theft was reported at 4:45 p.m. Sept. 12 on the 4100 block of Audley Road. Someone trespassed on property and accessed a vehicle but didn't steal anything, according to the report.
* A 34-year-old Columbus woman was cited for possession of controlled substances at 3:35 p.m. Sept. 12 on the 9800 block of Johnstown Road.
* Theft was reported at 1:40 p.m. Sept. 12 on the 7000 block of Tumblebrook Drive. A USB charger valued at $5 was reported stolen, Johnson said.
* A vehicle theft was reported at 5:14 p.m. Sept. 11 on the 7400 block of West Campus Road. the vehicle has not been found, Johnson said.