A 54-year-old man talked himself into handcuffs -- and almost a trip to a holding cell -- after he continued to argue with Hilliard Division of Police officers who had responded to a report of disorderly conduct at 11:30 p.m. Sept. 23 at a business on the 4000 block of Main Street.
Officers were called to the business after the man, described as intoxicated, refused to leave.
The man was escorted outside and told to call for a ride home, said Andrea Litchfield, a police spokeswoman.
The man was verbally aggressive with officers and asked multiple times if they "wanted to fight," according to the report.
Officers advised the man he would go to jail if a responsible person did not take custody of him.
He responded, "Take me to jail," and was arrested for disorderly conduct, a misdemeanor.
The man eventually cooperated and was not taken to jail, but he was issued a summons and released at his residence.
In other recent Hilliard police incident reports:
* A reported burglary occurred between midnight and 4:40 p.m. Sept. 19 at a residence on the 3500 block of Scioto Run Boulevard. Golf clubs, a bag, shoes, golf balls, pants and other golf equipment and accessories, all worth $3,947, were reported stolen.
The homeowner told police the garage door was left open, Litchfield said.
* A bookbag, cosmetics, clothes, a set of dentures and a tablet computer were reported stolen between 8 p.m. Sept. 18 and 9:20 a.m. Sept. 19 from a vehicle parked on the 4400 block of Circle Drive. Property loss was reported at $2,270.
* A gold watch worth $75 was reported stolen between 10:45 a.m. and 2 p.m. Sept. 20 from the 4700 block of Tremont Club Drive.
* A watch, cologne and a car charger were reported stolen between 11 p.m. Sept. 20 and 8 a.m. Sept. 21 from a vehicle parked on the 3300 block of Shoal Creek Lane. Property loss was reported at $380.
* Two Social Security cards were reported stolen between 8 p.m. Sept. 20 and 12:30 p.m. Sept. 21 from a vehicle parked on the 5500 block of Pinehurst Drive.
* A power drill, electric grinders, chargers and other tools were reported stolen between 7 p.m. Sept. 20 and 8 a.m. Sept. 23 from a vehicle parked on the 4600 block of Northwest Parkway.
* A wrench kit, impact drill and other tools were reported stolen at 12:25 p.m. Sept. 24 from the 3600 block of Main Street. Property loss was reported at $698.
* A boy told police headphones worth $349 were stolen between 8:30 and 9:20 a.m. Sept. 24 at Hilliard Darby High School, 4200 Leppert Road.
* A 47-year-old man was arrested for misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia at 3:35 p.m. Sept. 19 on the 4500 block of Cemetery Road.
* Officers arrested two students in separate incidents of assault at two schools.
A 17-year-old girl was charged with assault after she allegedly poured soda on and then punched another 17-year-old girl at 10:15 a.m. Sept. 19 at Darby High School.
A 15-year-old girl was charged with assault after she allegedly punched another 15-year-old girl in the face at 11:15 a.m. Sept. 19 at Hilliard Bradley High School, 2800 Walker Road.