Delaware police reports said an officer saw a man fleeing the scene when he stopped to investigate a possible disabled vehicle on Columbus Pike at 1:05 a.m. Oct. 10.
The man reportedly returned after getting stuck in brush.
The officer determined the man and a woman were trying to steal an orange construction barrel from the site.
Both were charged with theft and the man also was charged with underage alcohol consumption, according to reports.
In other recent Delaware police reports:
* Vanilla wafers and beef jerky, together worth $3.48, were stolen from a business on the 100 block of West William Street in a theft reported at 4:56 a.m. Oct. 12.
* A resident of the 600 block of Congress Court was notified by his bank that his credit card was used for a fraudulent transaction at a business on the 1700 block of Columbus Pike.
Loss was listed at $548 in the incident, reported at 1 p.m. Oct. 12.
* A person was charged with possession of a controlled substance at a traffic stop on the 1300 block of Sunbury Road at 12:12 a.m. Oct. 12, reports said.
* Two men and a woman were arrested and taken to the Delaware County jail for possession of a controlled substance on the 100 block of Muirwood Village Drive in an incident reported at 4:11 a.m. Oct. 11.
* Fraudulent checks were passed at several businesses, including one on the 1500 block of West William Street, in incidents reported at 10:41 a.m. Oct. 11.
Reports said the loss likely would be several thousand dollars.
* A purse containing $50 cash, a cellphone and other items was reported stolen at 11:25 a.m. Oct. 11 from a car parked at the Delaware City Dog Park, 840 Mill Run Crossing.
* Someone failed to gain entry after cutting a window screen at a residence on the first block of South Washington Street in an incident reported at 5:51 p.m. Oct. 10.
* A man was charged with possession of drug-abuse instruments on the 300 block of Chelsea Street at 9:16 p.m. Oct. 9, reports said.
* A woman was taken to OhioHealth Grady Memorial Hospital after an apparent drug overdose on the first block of Lake Street at 8:35 p.m. Oct. 9, according to reports.