A $26,000 pickup truck was stolen from a rental business at 2:18 p.m. Oct. 19 in the 4900 block of Morse Road, according to Columbus Division of Police incident reports.
According to the reports, a man entered the business and took the marked vehicle keys from the counter and placed them in his pocket while no staff members were present.
An employee of the business told the man he could not pay for the vehicle rental and was refused service.
Witnesses told police the man went into the parking lot and appeared to have left the premises.
Later, employees discovered keys to the truck were missing and realized the vehicle had been stolen, reports said.
In other recent Northland crime reports:
* A man and a woman reported they were robbed at gunpoint at 9:24 p.m. Oct. 22 while sitting inside their parked vehicle in front of their apartment building in the 1600 block of Shanley Drive.
The robbers took a $50 purse, a $25 wallet, a $10 wallet and miscellaneous forms of identification and credit cards.
* A man said he was attacked, sprayed with mace and robbed of $80 between 2:30 and 3:30 a.m. Oct. 30 in the parking lot of a business in the 2400 block of Morse Road.
* A $400 semiautomatic handgun was stolen between 1 a.m. Oct. 19 and 3 p.m. Oct. 22 from a vehicle parked in the 5700 block of Arborwood Court.
* Extension ladders valued at $4,949 were stolen between 10 a.m. Oct. 16 and 8 a.m. Oct. 17 from a vehicle in the 5500 block of Rockwood Court.
* A man reported he was robbed at 9 p.m. Oct. 17 in the 1800 block of Shady Court.
He told police he was getting out of his vehicle at his apartment, and when he stood up, he was struck in the forehead and the back of his head with a blunt object.
The robber grabbed his $10 wallet, containing $200 cash and various forms of identification and credit cards, and fled.
* A woman reported she was robbed at gunpoint at 10:15 p.m. Oct. 22 in the 4800 block of Whippoorwill Court North. The thief made off with a $500 cellphone, a $20 wallet, credit cards, identification and $80 worth of makeup.
* A $25,000 sedan was stolen at 9:17 p.m. Oct. 19 from an auto dealership in the 1800 block of Morse Road.
According to police reports, the thieves had entered the business previously and asked to look at the vehicle to purchase.
The sales manager handed them the key fob, and when they walked out to look at the vehicle, they switched out the key fob and walked back into the office and handed the manager a duplicate-looking key fob.
They then left and returned later and removed the vehicle from the sales lot.
* A $5,000 sedan was stolen between 12:01 and 8 a.m. Oct. 16 from the 6200 block of Polo Drive West.
* A trailer containing two lawn mowers valued at $13,000 and $5,200 was stolen between 8 and 10:46 a.m. Oct. 17 from the $6,000 block of Northgap Drive.
* A sedan was reported stolen between 8:45 and 9:15 p.m. Oct. 17 from the 6600 block of Skywae Drive.