A 21-year-old Reynoldsburg man's eyeglasses were stolen during an altercation that started over a caramel apple shortly before midnight Oct. 13 at a department store on the 2700 block of Taylor Road Southwest.
Reynoldsburg police were called to the store at 11:31 p.m. on a reported theft.
Once officers arrived, a loss-prevention officer told police he witnessed a man and woman browsing the store and eating a caramel apple that had not been paid for, according to recent reports.
The couple then reportedly pretended to purchase a speaker valued at $199 using the self-checkout before leaving the store.
When the store's loss-prevention employee tried to stop the pair near the exit, the woman reached for the man's "genital area, causing him to jump out of the way," and his $300 eyeglasses fell to the ground.
According to reports, the male picked up the glasses, and the couple fled on foot with the speaker and eyeglasses.
In other recent Reynoldsburg incident reports:
* A 24-year-old Columbus woman was charged with theft after officers responded at 6:28 p.m. Oct. 13 to a department store on the 2700 block of Taylor Road Southwest.
* A 34-year-old Reynoldsburg man was arrested on domestic-violence and assault charges after officers were called to a domestic disturbance at 3:12 a.m. Oct. 12 on the 1200 block of White Birch Court.
* Officers arrested a 28-year-old Chillicothe man on multiple charges, including assault, disorderly conduct and resisting arrest, after they were called to a domestic disturbance on the 6800 block of Gillette Drive shortly after 7:05 p.m. Oct. 12.
* A 42-year-old Lancaster man was arrested shortly after 2:42 a.m. Oct. 11 on charges of trafficking in drugs, possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug abuse instruments after officers investigated a suspicious vehicle on the 2700 block of Taylor Road Southwest.
* Police arrested a 24-year-old Reynoldsburg woman on domestic-violence and assault charges after they were called to a fight at 5:13 p.m. Oct. 11 on the 800 block of Whistlewood Drive.