Whitehall police charged a 16-year-old girl with possession of a weapon in a school safety zone, a fifth-degree felony, in connection with an incident Oct. 21 at Whitehall-Yearling High School, 675 S. Yearling Road.
The school's principal and assistant principal called Whitehall police Oct. 22 to report that school administrators took a knife from the girl the previous afternoon, just before the end of the school day, according to reports.
The girl also had pepper spray, school administrators said.
Police learned the girl had been involved in a fight with another girl about two weeks earlier, and that girl reportedly had stated via social media that she was going to "beat up" the first girl.
The girl told school administrators she brought the pepper spray and a knife, described in the report as a kitchen knife, because she feared the other girl and her friends would assault her.
The girl and her foster mother showed police screenshots of threats posted on social media, reports said.
Police advised the girl and her foster mother she would be charged for having the knife at school.
In other recent Whitehall police reports:
* A 31-year-old Columbus man was arrested for kidnapping, a first-degree felony, at 1:35 p.m. Oct. 23 at an apartment on the 5300 block of Gatehouse Drive.
The woman who resides at the apartment called another woman and told her a man was holding her at gunpoint inside the apartment, according to reports.
That woman called Whitehall police, who responded to the apartment and apprehended the man, reports said.
Police recovered a .40-caliber pistol at the scene along with one spent shell casing, according to reports.
Two children, a 7-year-old girl and a 2-year-old girl, reside at the apartment, reports said.
* Police arrested a 35-year-old Reynoldsburg woman for robbery, a second-degree felony, and multiple outstanding warrants after police apprehended her with stolen merchandise at 8:50 p.m. Oct. 18 at East Main Street and South Hampton Road in Columbus.
The woman reportedly admitted to stealing merchandise from the store and spitting at a loss-prevention officer who tried to stop her.
The woman had "an unusual amount" of unopened soap bars, laundry detergent and other items in an unmarked bag without a receipt, reports said.
The woman's bicycle was impounded and she was transported to the Franklin County jail.
* Burglaries were reported at 4:05 p.m. Oct. 20 on the 800 block of Antwerp Road; at 2:45 a.m. Oct. 23 and at at 6:35 a.m. Oct. 23 on the 4400 block of East Main Street; and at 6:55 p.m. Oct. 23 on the 4000 block of East Main Street.
* Thefts were reported at 9:35 a.m. Oct. 16 on the 3600 block of East Main Street; at 12:30 p.m. Oct. 16 on the 500 block of South Hamilton Road; at 1:35 p.m. Oct. 16 on the 3800 block of East Broad Street; at 1:55 p.m. Oct. 17 on the 4000 block of East Main Street; at 3:45 p.m. Oct. 18 on the 500 block of Collingwood Avenue; at 7:10 p.m. Oct. 18 on the 900 block of South Hamilton Road; at 6:15 p.m. Oct. 19 on the 3900 block of East Broad Street; at 10:45 a.m. Oct. 21 on the first block of Pinewood Drive; at 5:30 p.m. Oct. 21 on the 3700 block of Palm Street; and at 9:25 p.m. Oct. 22 on the 800 block of South Hamilton Road.
* Assaults were reported at 2:30 a.m. Oct. 19 on the 4300 block of East Main Street; and at 6 p.m. Oct. 21 at Whitehall-Yearling High School, 675 S. Yearling Road.
* Vehicles were reported stolen at 3:35 p.m. Oct. 17 on the 4500 block of East Main Street; at 1:55 a.m. Oct. 18 on the 200 block of North Hamilton Road; at 8:25 a.m. Oct. 18 on the 4000 block of Ural Avenue; at 10:55 a.m. Oct. 18 on the 200 block of North Hamilton Road; and at 12:30 a.m. Oct. 22 on the first block of Beechford Road.
* Property destruction was reported at 3:25 p.m. Oct. 16 on the 900 block of Bernhard Road; at 4:35 p.m. Oct. 16 on the 1000 block of Bucknell Road; at 8:55 a.m. Oct. 20 on the 800 block of Dimson Drive East; and at 9:15 p.m. Oct. 20 on the 3900 block of Andrus Avenue.
* Police responded to reports of shots fired at 12:50 a.m. Oct. 20 on the 4500 block of East Main Street; at 7:25 p.m. Oct. 21 on the 1000 block of Irongate Lane; and at 9:45 p.m. Oct. 21 on the 1000 block of Fountain Lane.