Grandview Heights police received four reports of Oct. 24 thefts from lockers at a gym on the 800 block of Goodale Boulevard.
In each case, credit or debit cards stolen from the victims were used the same day at a store on the 1700 block of Olentangy River Road.
The first victim told police he had been at the gym from about 9:15 to 11:45 a.m. After he left, he received a text from his bank about a transaction at the store, which led him to discover three credit cards had been stolen and used to make two transactions.
Another man told police a credit card and cash were stolen from his wallet, which was in his locker. The theft occurred between 8:30 and 10:30 a.m. Someone used the credit card to charge $700 at the store.
A third man reported he received an alert from his bank that his debit card was used to make $1,005 in charges about 10:30 a.m. at the store. He said he was at the gym at the time the charges were made. He said he had locked his wallet in a locker and that the locker still was secured when he checked for his wallet after receiving the alert. He found his credit and debit cards were missing along with $85 in cash, reports said.
The fourth victim told police he was at the gym from 9:30 to 10:25 a.m. He said he had left his locker open for about 15 minutes while he left to fill his water bottle. Two credit cards were stolen. He said he received an alert from his bank about 11:15 a.m. that one of the credit cards had been used at the store to make $1,058 in charges. An attempt was made to use the other credit card at another store on Graceland Boulevard in Columbus, but it was declined, reports said.
In other recent Grandview police reports:
* Two residents of the 1300 block of Haines Avenue reported items were stolen Oct. 24 from their vehicles.
The first victim said a gift card valued at $20 was stolen about 7:25 a.m. from her car.
The second victim reported a pair of prescription sunglasses were taken from her vehicle. The theft occurred between 7:25 and 7:45 a.m., reports said.
* A resident of the 1200 block of Grandview Avenue reported Oct. 24 her vehicle valued at $48,000 was stolen the previous night. The victim said her vehicle was not locked and a spare key probably was inside the vehicle.
* A resident of the 1200 block of Northwest Boulevard reported Oct. 27 a watch valued at $200 was stolen overnight from his car.
* A business on the 900 block of Goodale Boulevard reported Oct. 28 a generator valued at $990 had been stolen. The theft occurred between Aug. 12 and Oct. 28, reports said.
* A resident of the 800 block of Palmer Road told police his daughter's bicycle valued at $150 was stolen Oct. 25 from their front yard.
* A resident of the 1600 block of Merrick Road reported Oct. 30 that the vehicles in his garage had been rummaged through Oct. 28 or 29.
A case containing art supplies was stolen from his wife's car and a bag of cough drops was stolen from his vehicle, reports said. A motor home also was entered, but nothing appeared to be taken from it or from the garage, according to reports.
* A resident of the 1200 block of Wyandotte Avenue reported Oct. 17 that a bicycle and several pairs of sunglasses, together worth $690, were stolen from her garage and a vehicle inside.