New Albany Police Department investigators believe eight thefts that were reported Oct. 27 are related, but no suspects have been identified, according to police clerk Lauren Johnson.
The thefts were reported between 9:23 a.m. and 8:10 p.m., and all were from vehicles, according to the police reports.
Locations reported included the 7000 block of Maynard Place East, the 4900 block of Hearthstone Park Drive, the first block of Ealy Crossing South, the 4000 block of Holkham Drive and the 7000 and 7200 blocks of Dean Farm Road.
Johnson said items stolen included a graphing calculator and book bag valued at $101; $3 in loose change; $6 in cash; a keyless-entry fob, a wallet, a bank card and three credit cards, totaling $80 in value; $1 in change; boxing gloves valued at $24 and $15 in cash; $70 in cash; and an electric tire gauge valued at $10.
In other recent New Albany police incident reports:
* A 34-year-old Newark man was charged with drug possession and possession of drug paraphernalia at 1:39 a.m. Oct. 26 on the 13700 block of Worthington Road after an officer noticed a vehicle parked with two people inside who appeared to be unconscious.
* Aggravated menacing was reported at 11:55 a.m. Oct. 25 at a business on the 6500 block of West Campus Oval. A threatening voicemail was left for an employee.
* A 27-year-old Columbus woman was arrested for theft of vehicle parts or accessories at 2:56 p.m. Oct. 24 on the 8100 block of Parsons Drive. Johnson said the woman stole plates from a vehicle after replacing them with plates from another vehicle.
* A 24-year-old Columbus man was arrested and cited for tampering with evidence and possession of controlled substances after a traffic stop at 11:37 p.m. Oct. 23 at North Reynoldsburg-New Albany Road and Straits Link.
* A theft was reported at 2:09 p.m. Oct. 23 from a vehicle parked on the 9100 block of Lee Hall Court. Johnson said a crossbow, duffle bag and knife were stolen, and a window was broken. The total value of damaged property and stolen goods was $852.
* A 16-year-old New Albany boy was arrested at 5:31 p.m. Oct. 22 on the 4200 block of Vaux Link after officers responded to a report of an unruly child destroying the home.
* Menacing was reported at 10:23 a.m. Oct 21 on the 5600 block of Johnstown Road after a woman told police she received a threatening text and voicemail.