The Lindenberg family had a major impact on the Grandview Heights area.
Charles Lindenberg was the owner of the Columbus Brass Co. and hired famous architect Frank Packard to design his West Broad Street home, which he later donated to the state of Ohio for use as the governor's mansion.
He spent summers in Grandview, and his sons, Carl, Frank and Paul, built their homes here.
The eldest son, Carl, built his home (lower left) at the corner of Cambridge Boulevard and what is now Village Court in 1903, in what the Lindenbergs planned as the Country Club Addition.
Packard designed Frank's home (lower right) at 1122 Cambridge Blvd. in 1905 just south of the 8th green of the Aladdin Country Club.
It later was sold to the Tarpy family.
Paul took over his father's Columbus Piano Co. business and bought another Packard home (upper left), which has since undergone extensive additions and renovations, at the corner of Cambridge and First Avenue in 1905.
A cousin to the brothers, Theodore, was president of M.C. Lilley & Co. when he and his son opened the Bexley Theater (now the Drexel) and managed the Grandview Theater.
Theodore also had Packard design his hacienda-style mansion at 1087 Lincoln Road in 1906.
It was featured as the Columbus Decorators' Show House in 2003.