Delaware police officers were dispatched to the 100 block of East Central Avenue on a call of a theft in progress after neighbors reportedly saw a man take a package from the porch of a residence at 9:43 a.m. Nov. 6.
The suspect was taken into custody for theft, and the package -- containing a backpack and clothing, together worth $189 -- was recovered, according to reports.
In other recent Delaware police reports:
* Police said a resident of the first block of North Liberty Street discovered an unauthorized $2,700 transfer from her bank account.
The theft was reported at 5:21 p.m. Nov. 7.
* A woman was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of a controlled substance during a traffic stop at U.S. Route 23 and Pennsylvania Avenue at 12:59 a.m. Nov. 10, reports said.
* An officer found an unsecured door, apparently forced open, at a residence on the first block of West William Street at 2:12 a.m. Nov. 10, according to reports.
* About 468 grams of marijuana were discovered during a traffic stop at U.S. Route 23 and East Central Avenue at 12:05 a.m. Nov. 9, police said. The incident is under investigation.
* A man was charged with possession of a drug-abuse instrument during a traffic stop on the first block of High Street at 11:23 p.m. Nov. 6, reports said.
* A woman was charged with disorderly conduct by intoxication at Grady Memorial Hospital, 561 W. Central Ave., at 7:27 p.m. Nov. 5, police said.
* Several light fixtures, door handles and lock sets were taken from a home under construction on the 300 block of Minton Drive in a theft reported at 8:55 a.m. Nov. 4. The value of the stolen items is $1,448, reports said.
* A purse was stolen after a window was broken out of a car parked on the 1000 block of South Houk Road in a theft reported at 3:38 p.m. Nov. 4. The purse contained identification, credit cards, gift cards and a small amount of cash, according to reports.
* A man was charged with criminal trespassing and theft after reportedly taking wooden pallets worth $10 from a business on the 1700 block of Pittsburgh Drive. The theft was reported at 9 a.m. Nov. 4.
* A woman was charged with letting animals run at large on the 100 block of Woodrow Avenue at 5:16 p.m. Nov. 4, reports said.