Two churches in Dublin that reported stolen checks could be victims of a theft ring, according to Dubin police.
According to the police report, a detective from the Worthington Police Department told Dublin police he had uncovered a theft ring that was stealing envelopes from church mailboxes and chasing the checks at out-of-state locations into one specific accounts.
A $100 check reported stolen at 10:45 a.m. Nov. 5 from the 7100 block of Avery Road was cashed in St. Paul, Minnesota, according to the report.
Police also were called Sept. 6 to a church in the 5400 block of Brand Road on a report that a $90 check had been stolen from the church mailbox. Worthington police contacted the reporting party Sept. 30 to say the church could be a victim of fraudulent activity related to other similar cases, according to the Dublin police report.
Both reports were forwarded to Dublin's detectives bureau.
In other Dublin police incident reports:
* A 21-year-old woman was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs Nov. 8 at Interstate 270 north of Rings Road.
* Vehicle theft was reported stolen Nov. 7 in the 6600 block of Longshore Street.
* A 45-year-old man was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs Nov. 6 at Hyland-Croy Road and Tuscany Drive.
* A purse or wallet, an Ohio driver's license and credit or debit cards, valued at a total of $45, were reported stolen at 7:24 a.m. Nov. 5 from a residence in the 6200 block of Delta Loop.
* A 26-year-old man was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs Nov. 5 in the 6700 block of Krier Drive.
* Tools valuing $829 were reported stolen at 3:33 p.m. Nov. 4 from a vehicle in the 8200 block of Bilbury Lane.
* A 41-year-old man was charged with violating a protection order or consent agreement Nov. 2 in the 6700 block of Perimeter Loop Road.
* A 38-year-old man was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs Nov. 1 in the 5500 block of Brand Road.