A man recovered his $50,000 Land Rover as thieves attempted to steal the vehicle at 8 p.m. Nov. 15 in the 5600 block of Emporium Square, according to Columbus Division of Police incident reports.
The victim said he left the vehicle running while he was closing his business. The man said he watched thieves enter the Land Rover and speed away. He gave chase on foot and watched the vehicle stall as the fob sensor on his belt detected the vehicle was too far away. The thieves fled before he caught up to the vehicle. However, he later noticed that $7,000 cash, a $1,300 cellphone and a $2,300 computer were stolen.
In other incident reports from the Northland area:
* A $1,361 purse and a $420 TV were stolen between 7:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Nov. 18 from a resident in the 6100 Fortin Court.
* A man who said he was on a mission to buy marijuana was attacked at 1:45 a.m. Nov. 18 in the 4300 block of Dresden Street.
The victim told police that while he was walking through the hallway of an apartment complex, someone stopped him and asked if he could have $5, a request the victim refused.
The assailant then physically attacked the victim, but the victim said he was able to defend himself against the assailant, who did not get any money, reports said.
* A $479 hot-plate burner, a $700 portable grill, a $200 electric fryer, a $350 electric hot plate and a $329 electric generator were stolen from a food trailer between 7 p.m. Nov. 14 and 8:15 a.m. Nov. 15 in the 200 block of Morse Road.
* Four computers valued at $1,085 total, $190 cash and a $150 cellphone were stolen between 11 a.m. Nov. 15 and 4 p.m. Nov. 16 from a residence in the 2100 block of Fitzroy Drive.
* A Dodge Ram 1500 containing an assortment of landscaping tools, value unknown, was stolen between 11 p.m. Nov. 13 and 5 p.m. Nov. 14 in the 5100 block of Sailing Court.
* Two air compressors valued at $3,100 and nail guns worth $600 were stolen between 4 and 10 p.m. Nov. 13 in the 1800 block of Shady Court.
* Two people said their vehicles were damaged by gunfire at 8:25 p.m. Nov. 15 in the 4400 block of Walford Street. No injuries were reported and no one was arrested.
* Police responded to shots fired at 7:42 p.m. Nov. 18 in the 5900 block of Endicott Road. No injuries were reported and no property was damaged, police said.
* A $459 handgun was stolen 9 a.m. Oct. 31 and 11 a.m. Nov. 13 from a vehicle in the 400 block of Arden Road.
* A $4,000 plate compactor, a $200 saw, a $150 power drill, a $100 charger and $100 worth of batteries were stolen between 11 p.m. Nov. 13 and 6 a.m. Nov. 14 from a vehicle in the 6300 block of Ambleside Drive.
* An $8,000 enclosed tool trailer was stolen between 11:30 p.m. Nov. 14 and 7 a.m. Nov. 15 in the 1200 block of Drysdale Square North.
* A $10,000 Kia Sorrento was stolen was stolen at 9 a.m. Nov. 13 in the 2900 block of Granada Hills Drive while the victim was warming up the vehicle.
* A $2,6000 gold chain with diamonds and $1,200 cash were stolen between noon Nov. 13 and 3 p.m. Nov. 14 from a residence in the 2800 block of Foxworth Drive.