A recent traffic stop led to a foot chase and the eventual arrest of a 25-year-old Columbus man with a warrant for receiving stolen property through Delaware County, according to the New Albany Police Department.
An officer at 2:56 a.m. Nov. 22 initiated a traffic stop on Reynoldsburg-New Albany Road near the police station, according to the police report, but the driver continued driving until he stopped and his vehicle exited at the Ealy Crossing loop.
The officer pursued the driver as he ran away, and Columbus Division of Police officers were called to assist.
Drug paraphernalia also was seized from the vehicle.
At 6:57 a.m., the police department received multiple calls about a suspicious person matching the man's description knocking on doors in the Hampsted Square neighborhood and claiming to have been involved in an auto accident.
Officers found the man on the 4900 block of Hampsted Square and arrested him for the warrant. They also found he had a glass pipe.
He was cited for illegal use or possession of drug paraphernalia and fleeing from a police officer, and then he was transferred to the custody of Delaware County deputies.
In other recent New Albany police incident reports:
* Vandalism to a vehicle was reported at 5:07 p.m. Nov. 24 on the 5700 block of Harlem Road. Nothing was reported stolen from the vehicle.
* A 19-year-old Zanesville woman was arrested for OVI after a traffic stop at 3:19 a.m. Nov. 24 at state Route 161 eastbound and Beech Road.
* Telecommunications harassment via text message was reported at 8:16 p.m. Nov. 23 on the 8000 block of Griswold Drive.
* A 37-year-old New Philadelphia man was arrested on a warrant from the Whitehall Division of Police after a traffic stop at 4:47 p.m. Nov. 20 on the 7700 block of Smith's Mill Road. The police department did not have details on the warrant.
* A vehicle break-in was reported at 6:17 a.m. Nov. 19 on the 5000 block of Forest Drive. Nothing was reported stolen.
* A 50-year-old Columbus man was arrested for a drug-possession warrant from Franklin County after police saw a parked vehicle with people inside at 4:06 a.m. Nov. 19 on the 6500 block of West Campus Oval.
* A 54-year-old Zanesville man was arrested for a domestic-violence warrant from the Muskingum County Sheriff's Office after officers at 4 a.m. Nov. 18 responded to a commuter parking lot on Worthington Road, just east of Beech Road, on the report of a suspicious vehicle. Charges are pending for illegal use or possession of drug paraphernalia, marijuana possession and illegal use or possession of marijuana drug paraphernalia.