Whitehall police arrested a 26-year-old Whitehall woman for assault on a police officer, resisting arrest, obstructing official business, failure to disclose information and on outstanding warrants after officers responded to her residence on the 100 block of Beechford Road late last month.
Police were sent to the home at 9:45 p.m. Nov. 21 on a report of a disturbance involving two women.
There, a woman told police the 26-year-old suspect, who is her sister, took her keys and either threw them or hid them.
The 26-year-old woman was "uncooperative" but admitted to taking the keys, saying she did so because her sister had refused to return her property, according to reports.
The property was recovered, but the suspect reportedly refused to provide the keys to police, and when she was asked for identification by officers, she became "exceptionally disorderly," reports said.
Police advised the woman, who reportedly grabbed a nearby vehicle to prevent from being handcuffed, that she would face additional charges if she did not comply.
Three officers struggled to apprehend the woman, and the use of a Taser was not effective, according to reports.
After police officers placed the woman in custody and found her identification, they learned the woman had two active felony warrants, reports said.
Two officers sustained minor injuries during the incident, according to reports.
In other recent Whitehall police reports:
* A 20-year-old Reynoldsburg man was arrested for discharging firearms after police responded to a report of a man with a gun at 12:30 p.m. Nov. 22 on the 900 block of Karl Street.
A woman told police her brother pointed a gun at her during an argument and then left the residence.
A witness told officers she saw the man fire the gun outside the back door of the residence and then go back inside.
On approaching the house, police saw a man open and shut a door. The man then came outside and was apprehended without incident, reports said.
Police reportedly found a 9mm shell casing outside the residence, but the man denied having a gun.
Police obtained permission to search the residence from its owner -- the man's mother -- and after being advised police were searching for it, the man told officers a gun was hidden in a couch and that he had fired it "out of frustration and anger," reports said.
The man was transported to the Franklin County jail.
* Police arrested a 31-year-old woman for robbery, obstructing official business and resisting arrest at 3 p.m. Nov. 30 at Walmart, 3657 E. Main St.
A loss-prevention employee told police a woman took merchandise, shoved an employee and ran toward a vehicle in the parking lot.
Based on a description of the woman and the vehicle, police stopped the car. The driver, without being asked a question, told police she did not shove anyone and had given "them their stuff back," according to reports.
The woman refused to get out the vehicle and a Taser was used to apprehend her, reports said.
The woman had unopened merchandise worth $200 from the store in her possession, reports said.
It also was determined she had two active warrants for her arrest through the Licking County Sheriff's Office.
Surveillance cameras inside the store recorded the theft, according to reports.
The vehicle's registration did not match the vehicle, and two juveniles were inside the vehicle when the woman was taken into custody, according to reports.
* Burglaries were reported at 5:10 p.m. Nov. 21 on the 4200 block of Beechrun Road; at 11:45 p.m. Nov. 24 on the 900 block of Colgate Road; at 11:10 p.m. Nov. 25 on the 4700 block of Poth Road; at 5:15 a.m. Nov. 27 on the 500 block of Beechwood Road; at 4:05 p.m. Nov. 27 on the 4000 block of East Main Street; at 4:15 p.m. Nov. 27 on the 400 block of South Yearling Road; at 7:25 p.m. Nov. 27 on the 700 block of South Hamilton Road; at 12:35 a.m. Nov. 28 on the 600 block of South Hamilton Road; at 12:40 a.m. Nov. 30 on the 4600 block of Arbor Lee Court; at 12:30 p.m. Nov. 30 on the 600 block of Greenwood Place; at 5:40 a.m. Dec. 2 on the 1000 block of South Hamilton Road; and at 6:30 a.m. Dec. 2 on the 400 block of North Hamilton Road.
* Thefts were reported at 9:50 a.m. Nov. 20 on the 3600 block of East Main Street; at 12:30 p.m. Nov. 22 on the 500 block of South Hamilton Road; at 12:35 p.m. Nov. 24 on the 700 block of Beechwood Road; at 1:45 p.m. Nov. 25 on the 1000 block of Erickson Avenue; at 8:40 p.m. Nov. 27 on the 800 block of South Hamilton Road; and at 9:30 p.m. Nov. 28 on the 3800 block of Kenard Court.
* Vehicles were reported stolen at 11:25 a.m. Nov. 20 on the 500 block of Briarwood Drive; at 4:30 a.m. Nov. 22 on the 3900 block of Beechcreek Road; at 4:45 p.m. Nov. 22 on the 4200 block of East Broad Street; at 7:40 p.m. Nov. 23 on the 4400 block of East Main Street; at 10:15 p.m. Nov. 25 on the 4300 block of East Main Street; at 2:05 p.m. Nov. 26 and at 5:50 p.m. Nov. 27 on the 5000 block of Dimson Drive South; at 1:35 p.m. Nov. 29 on the 200 block of Parklawn Boulevard; and at 5:10 p.m. Dec. 1 on the 1100 block of South Hamilton Road.
* Property destruction was reported at 7:55 a.m. Nov. 20 on the 900 block of Colgate Road; at 3:45 p.m. Nov. 21 on the 3900 block of East Broad Street; at 3:40 p.m. Nov. 22 on the 900 block of Duke Road; at 9:45 a.m. Nov. 25 on the 800 block of Pierce Avenue; at 10:15 a.m. Nov. 25 on the 5000 block of Dimson Drive South; at 3:50 p.m. Nov. 25 on the 3600 block of East Broad Street; at 5:55 p.m. Nov. 25 on the 3900 block of East Main Street; at 10:25 p.m. Nov. 26 on the 100 block of Beechtree Road; at 11:05 a.m. Nov. 28 on the 5000 block of East Broad Street; and at 9:50 p.m. Nov. 30 on the 5100 block of Longbranch Lane.
* Police responded to reports of shots fired at 8 p.m. Nov. 20 on the 1000 block of Fountain Lane; at 7:30 p.m. Nov. 29 on the 5000 block of Winslow Drive; at 1:25 a.m. Dec. 1 on the 300 block of Collingwood Avenue; and at 6:15 p.m. Dec. 1 on the 1100 block of South Hamilton Road.