A call about a drunken driver seen striking a garage door and fire hydrant in Columbus resulted in the arrest of a 20-year-old Louisville man, according to the New Albany Police Department.
New Albany police received the call at 9:14 p.m. Nov. 30, according to the police report. The caller followed the driver into New Albany until officers found the vehicle at Thompson and Johnstown roads.
The man was arrested for OVI and cited for underage alcohol consumption.
In other recent New Albany police incident reports:
* A 40-year-old Gallipolis man was arrested for OVI and a 19-year-old Crown City man was cited for open container after a traffic stop at 8:02 p.m. Nov. 25 at Forest Drive and Smith's Mill Road.
* A 22-year-old Alexandria man was cited for OVI after a traffic stop at 1:11 a.m. Nov. 30 at Central College and Johnstown roads.
* A 25-year-old Columbus man was cited for open container, drug abuse, controlled-substance possession or use and drug paraphernalia after a traffic stop at 7:34 a.m. Nov. 30 at Johnstown and Forest roads.
* A 20-year-old Blacklick man was cited for drug abuse and controlled-substance possession or use after a business' security company advised police two people were shown on a security camera using marijuana at 12:37 a.m. Nov. 29 on the 7700 block of Smith's Mill Road.
* A 26-year-old Columbus man was cited for drug paraphernalia after a traffic stop at 12:06 a.m. Nov. 29 at Harlem and East Dublin-Granville roads.
* Theft of items delivered to a home on the 6500 block of North Reynoldsburg-New Albany Road was reported at 10:42 a.m. Nov. 27.
* A 48-year-old Columbus man was arrested on a warrant from Vinton County after a traffic stop at 2:56 a.m. Nov. 27 at state Route 161 westbound and New Albany Road. He also was cited for drug paraphernalia. The police report did not list the subject of the warrant.
* A 21-year-old Pataskala man was cited for drug paraphernalia after a traffic stop at 11:49 p.m. Nov. 26 at state Route 161 eastbound and Beech Road.
* A 31-year-old Columbus man was cited for telecommunications harassment after police at 12:40 p.m. Nov. 25 were dispatched to the 4600 block of Kitzmiller Road. The harassment reportedly occurred via email.