A 20-year-old Columbus man was cited for theft after security footage showed him taking toys from a box marked with a donation sign on display in a break-room tent at a company on the 1100 block of Beech Road Southwest, according to the New Albany Police Department.
Police received the theft complaint at 2:15 p.m. Dec. 3, according to reports. The man, a security employee, was shown in the video walking to the donation box and placing multiple toys into a bag, which he covered with a prayer rug.
Officers accompanied the man to his vehicle and recovered the stolen items from the trunk, along with the prayer rug.
The man was issued a summons for theft and given a verbal trespass warning.
In other recent New Albany police incident reports:
* A 29-year-old Columbus man was cited for drug paraphernalia, drug abuse and controlled-substance possession or use after a traffic stop at 9:53 a.m. Dec. 8 at state Route 161 and Babbitt Road.
* A 66-year-old New Albany man was cited for drug abuse and controlled-substance possession or use after a traffic stop at 11:01 p.m. Dec. 7 at Market and West Main streets.
* A 35-year-old Sunbury man was arrested for OVI at 4:10 a.m. Dec. 7 at Johnstown and Forest roads.
* Breaking and entering was reported at 9:35 a.m. Dec. 6 on the 5700 block of Zarley Street.
* A 50-year-old Pataskala man was arrested for possession of controlled substances, including methamphetamine and alprazolam, and driving under suspension after a traffic stop at 8:29 a.m. Dec. 6 at North Reynoldsburg-New Albany Road and Market Street.
* A 19-year-old Reynoldsburg woman was cited for drug abuse and controlled-substance possession or use after a traffic stop at 11 p.m. Dec. 5 at New Albany-Condit and New Albany roads.
* Tools worth about $2,000 were reported stolen at 8:17 a.m. Dec. 4 from a residence under construction on the 6900 block of Hanbys Loop.
* Telecommunications fraud was reported at 11:52 a.m. Dec. 3 on the first block of New Albany Farms Road.