An Upper Arlington man recently reported the thefts and forgeries of personal checks that resulted in loss of more than $11,000.
According to a police report, a man in the 1700 block of Balbridge Road told police someone stole three personal checks he wrote and placed in a mailbox in the 3700 block of Riverside Drive.
The man said the checks were placed in the mailbox Nov. 25. He reported they were cashed Dec. 11.
According to the report, the alleged victim wrote the checks in the amounts of $681, $3,200 and $13,200. They reportedly were forged and cashed in the amounts of $781, $3,200 and $7,500, respectively.
The total loss for the man was $11,381.
Police have no suspects.
In other recent Upper Arlington incident reports:
* A Hilliard man reported someone stole and cashed a check in the amount of $2,307.83 between Nov. 28 and Dec. 26.
According to reports, he said he placed the check in an enveloped he attempted to mail from a mailbox on the 2800 block of Fishinger Road.
* Ammunition valued at $7 and $2 in cash were stolen from a man's vehicle while parked on the 1400 block of Westminster Drive between 7 p.m. Dec. 27 and 10 a.m. Dec. 28. The man reported entry was gained by breaking out the driver's-side window.
* A computer valued at $1,000, $120 in cash and $1 in building supplies were stolen from a restaurant on the 2000 block of West Henderson Road between 9 p.m. Dec. 24 and 8:50 a.m. Dec. 26. Entry reportedly was gained by breaking out glass to the front door of the business.
* A man reported a criminal damaging to his vehicle while parked on the 2000 block of Fishinger Road on Dec. 22. Unspecified damages were valued at $575.
* A woman on the 2600 block of Charing Road reported she was the victim of a scam between 6:14 p.m. Dec. 23 and 3 p.m. Dec. 24 that resulted in the loss of $1,400.
* A man on the 3900 block of Mountview Road reported the unauthorized use of his personal information to charge a total of $1,217.16 to his credit cards Dec. 22.
* A Columbus woman reported someone broke out the front-passenger window to her vehicle while parked in the 2800 block of Riverside Drive between 2:10 and 9:08 p.m. Dec. 16, causing $300 in damage.