A resident of the first block of West North Broadway told Columbus police he was sitting in his kitchen at 2:45 p.m. Feb. 16 when he heard a loud boom from the rear of his house.
He checked the garage and noticed three garage-door windows had been broken, reports said.
The man said he looked out the windows and saw two juveniles running away and then noticed a fire had been started on his driveway, using charcoal from his grill and flammable materials from the garage.
The resident said he realized the loud boom had been a paint can exploding in the fire.
The duo also reportedly spilled oil in the resident's garage and left candy wrappers in the driveway.
Reports said no property was missing.
Damage to the garage-door windows was estimated at $100.
In other recent Clintonville police reports:
* Two women reported a driver pointed a gun at them in a road-rage incident at 5:07 p.m. Feb. 13 at North High Street and Morse Road.
* Five Babe Ruth baseball cards, together worth $20,000, were stolen from a residence on the 3100 block of Indianola Avenue between 11 p.m. Feb. 7 and 4 a.m. Feb. 10, according to reports.
The victim told police she suspects a known person stole the cards.
* Between 7:30 a.m. and noon Feb. 12, someone stole a vehicle worth $14,000 from the 200 block of West Brighton Road, according to reports.
* Boxes containing $230 worth of perfume and cologne, along with a sheet set valued at $58, were stolen from a porch on the 100 block of West California Avenue at 3:05 p.m. Feb. 13, reports said.
* A resident of the 500 block of Woodsfield Drive reported she met a man at a bar Feb. 8, but the man's conversations and messages made her feel uncomfortable. She told police she asked the man to stop contacting her, but he continues to call and text.
* A resident of the 4800 block of Solar Drive told police Feb. 11 about incidents of trespassing that allegedly occurred in March 2018.
The resident said his sibling twice entered his home uninvited, once filming him without permission.
* A fraudulent check written for $6,000 was passed Jan. 8 at a business on the 100 block of West Weisheimer Road in an incident reported Feb. 13.
* A resident of the 500 block of Broad Meadows Boulevard reported her car was stolen from her apartment's parking lot between 9 p.m. Feb. 14 and 8:15 a.m. Feb. 15.
* Officers responded Feb. 13 to a complaint of trespassing at a business on the 5400 block of North High Street. There, an employee told police a man had been going into the business to sleep. The man was banned from the business, reports said.
* A man told police four credit cards were stolen between 10 and 11:30 p.m. Feb. 15 while he was at a business on the 3600 block of Indianola Avenue. Reports said the cards were used at a store in Dublin. Security officers at the store said they could provide video footage of the suspect to police, reports said.
* A popup trailer worth $500 was stolen between 9 and 10:46 p.m. Feb. 17 from a residence on the first block of West Weber Road, reports said.