This early 20th-century photo shows the Marble Cliff Station (earlier called the Scioto Depot) of the Pennsylvania Railroad.
It was at 2057 Dublin Road, at the southwest corner of the railroad crossing and West Fifth Avenue across from the present-day entry to Upper Arlington's First Community Village.
In the 1930s, the depot building was moved about three-quarters of a mile across the Scioto River to 2057 Old Dublin Road, just north of Trabue Road, to become the office of the Marble Cliff Oil Co.
The building still stands. The Pennsylvania railroad, built in this area in 1868 as the Columbus, Chicago, Indianapolis Central Railroad, had several lines in and out of Columbus.
This portion of the railroad became know as "the Pan Handle" and connected Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Chicago and St. Louis.
The route this station served was known as the Piqua Line of the Pan Handle.
It had a "flag-stop" depot on Grandview Avenue, where the NAPA store now is located, and later this busy Marble Cliff station. A post office and general store were located with the depot building.