Whitehall police arrested a 16-year-old Reynoldsburg boy for receiving stolen property and failure to comply with the order of a police officer at 12:25 a.m. March 7 after a high-speed chase that began at East Main Street and Beechwood Road.
A Whitehall officer reportedly observed the boy driving a car west on East Main Street while speeding and swerving. After checking the registration, police learned the vehicle had been reported stolen.
The officer followed the driver west on East Main Street and north on Robinwood Avenue. Upon reaching the four-way stop at Washburn Street, the driver rapidly accelerated and ran the stop sign, according to reports.
The driver turned off the vehicle's lights and continued north on Robinwood Avenue while the officer pursued with lights and sirens, reports said.
At a high rate of speed, the driver ran stop signs at Etna Street and Doney Street before running a red light at East Broad Street, turning west and traveling into Columbus, police said.
The driver crossed James Road before turning south on Harding Road, then ran a stop sign at Fair Avenue and traveled on Enfield Road to East Main Street, crossing it and entering a post office's parking lot. The chased ended when the driver crashed into a fence and tree at the end of the parking lot and exited the car, police said.
He was attempting to jump a high fence when an officer ordered him to the ground at gunpoint, according to reports.
Police contacted the vehicle's owner, who told police it had been stolen while idling in a driveway.
The boy resides with his grandmother and, other than indicating no weapons or other people were in the vehicle, he refused to answer any questions, police said.
Video in the cruiser indicated the boy, at times, had exceeded 100 mph during the chase, according to reports.
In other recent Whitehall police reports:
* Police arrested a 15-year-old boy for assault at 10:40 a.m. March 11 at Rosemore Middle School, 4800 Langley Ave.
The victim, reports said, is a woman employed as an educational aide by Whitehall City Schools. Reports indicated the woman was rendered unconscious by the assault.
The incident remains under investigation, according to reports.
* A robbery was reported at 5:05 p.m. March 8 on the 5200 block of East Main Street. No further information was available about the incident.
* Police arrested five Columbus juveniles, all ages 15, 16 or 17, on charges of receiving stolen property after they were found in a stolen vehicle at 6:55 p.m. March 7 at East Main Street and Country Club Road, reports said.
One of the juveniles also was charged with possession of marijuana, according to reports.
* Burglaries were reported at 1:10 p.m. March 4 on the 4100 block of Doney Street; and at 1:30 a.m. March 7 on the 300 block of Ross Road.
* Thefts were reported at 7:05 p.m. March 4 on the 3800 block of East Broad Street; at 6:15 p.m. March 5 on the 1000 block of Fountain Lane; at 1:15 p.m. March 9 on the 5100 block of Longbranch Lane; at 3:55 p.m. March 10 on the 4600 block of East Main Street; at 7:45 p.m. March 10 on the 3500 block of East Main Street; and at 1:45 p.m. March 12 on the 4400 block of Josephus Lane.
* Assaults were reported at 3:45 p.m. March 4 on the 4000 block of East Main Street; and at 1:35 p.m. March 5 on the 3800 block of East Main Street.
* Vehicles were reported stolen at 10:40 p.m. March 4 on the 100 block of Beechford Road; at 10:05 p.m. March 5 on the 200 block of Parklawn Circle; at 3:20 a.m. March 6 on the 200 block of Barkley Place West; at 8:20 a.m. March 6 on the 100 block of North Hamilton Road; at 3:25 a.m. March 9 on the 300 block of Westphal Avenue; and at 12:25 p.m. March 9 on the 4300 block of East Main Street.
* Property destruction was reported at 10:15 and 10:30 a.m. March 10 on the 400 block of Collingwood Avenue; and at 2:50 p.m. March 12 on the 4000 block of East Main Street.
* Police responded to reports of shots fired at 10:45 p.m. March 4 at Beechbank Road and Doney Street; at 10:15 p.m. March 7 at East Main Street and Fountain Lane; and at 10:05 p.m. March 10 at East Main Street and Rosemore Avenue.