Long's Pharmacy, located in the Bank Block at 1275 Grandview Ave., was a local landmark in the years prior to and just after World War II.
At the right is a segment of a full-page cartoon published prior to 1950 that has caricatures of owner Bob Long, Ohio State University and Grandview Heights students, customers, local business leaders and pharmacy employees.
(The entire cartoon can be viewed at ghmchs.org.)
It depicts the popular soda fountain at the store, as well as the pharmacy and general-store sections.
The photograph on the left, taken for the ad section of the high school yearbook, shows high school students with product promotions from the pharmacy.
The storefront no longer exists; half of the pharmacy was removed to construct the breezeway in the Bank Block