Loss-prevention personnel at a business on the 7700 block of Sawmill Road reported a man stole several sweepers worth $750 and a $100 leaf blower at 10 p.m. March 8.
According to Columbus Division of Police incident reports, the man took the items and left through an emergency exit door. He reportedly entered a vehicle that was driven away.
In other recent incident reports:
* Someone fired four bullets into a vehicle parked on the 7900 block of Melody Lane at 3 a.m. March 7.
The victim filed a report about the incident at 10:30 a.m. March 11.
* A man told police he was punched in the face eight times by a man at a residence on the 1400 block of Worthington Row Drive. The victim said he was dropping off the assailant's roommate at 7:30 p.m. March 10 when the man punched him. He said he went to the dentist after the assault and was told he has several loose teeth that might need to be replaced.
* A man reported someone threw eggs at his vehicle at 1:27 a.m. March 14 at Hard Road and Silver Fox Drive. Shortly after the incident, an officer saw three people walking near the same intersection and one of them had eggs in his pockets.They were charged with criminal damaging.
* Two vehicles were reported stolen between 9:30 p.m. March 13 and 5 a.m. March 14 from a parking lot in the 2400 block of Backbay Drive. The victims, who are roommates, each told police they believed their vehicles were locked after they were parked. A spare key to one of the vehicles reportedly was in the center console of the other vehicle, the victims told police.
* A woman told police a man stole her wallet from her purse at 1 p.m. March 12 at a business on the 3600 block of West Dublin-Granville Road. The woman said she was distracted by a woman, and while her attention was diverted, the man took the wallet from her purse. The woman told police her bank contacted her and told her someone had tried to use her credit card at another business in the area.
* Two people were issued no-trespassing orders at 2:50 p.m. March 13 at a business on the 6000 block of Sawmill Road. An employee of the business told police the pair had been causing a disturbance, panhandling and had threatened him.
* Someone stole a license plate from a vehicle parked on the 3300 block of Atlin Avenue between, 12:01 a.m. March 10 and 6:15 a.m. March 15.
* Representatives of a business on the 3500 block of West-Dublin Granville Road reported at 4:35 p.m. March 15 someone stole $300 worth of baby clothing and a $70 handbag. Reports said the woman left the store without paying for the items.
* 24-year-old resident of the 6100 block of Parkcenter Circle reported someone had slashed all of the tires on his vehicle between 7 a.m. and 8 p.m. March 8.
* Someone broke all the windows of a pickup truck parked on the 6100 block of Parkcenter Circle. The incident is believed to have occurred between 10 p.m. March 12 and 5:45 a.m. March 13. According to reports nothing is believed to have been stolen.
* A witness told police he had stepped out the back door a business on 5100 block of Tuttle Crossing Boulevard at 7:29 p.m. March 13 and saw two youths walking toward a retaining pond and a third standing next to a vehicle parked at a business. The man said he went back indoors and came back out a few seconds later and he saw the youths running away. He told police he contacted the vehicle owner and when they checked the vehicle a loaded 9mm semiautomatic handgun and a holster had been stolen.
The victim told police he thought he had locked his vehicle and was in possession of its keys.
There were no signs of forced entry, according to reports. The stolen firearm and holster were worth a combined $550.
* Thieves reportedly stole nearly $4,000 worth of electronics during a residential break-in on the 5300 block of Portland Street. A man told Columbus police a $1,500 laptop computer, four TVs worth a combined $1,600 and an $800 Apple TV were stolen from his daughter's apartment between 9:30 a.m. March 8 and 10 a.m. March 9.
* A woman left a store on the 800 block of Bethel Road without paying for items worth $150 at 1:03 p.m. March.
* A burglar reportedly stole $260 cash from a restaurant on the 4700 block of Sawmill Road during a break-in that is believed to have occurred between 4:30 and 6 a.m.
* Someone entered a residence through an unlocked first-floor window and stole a $260 fax machine between 9 p.m. and 8 a.m. on the 3100 block of Bethel Road.
* Someone broke the front window of a residence on the 5300 block of Shiloh Drive at 12:30 a.m. March 10. Damage to the double-pane window was estimated at $300.
* The owner of a restaurant on the 700 block of Bethel Road told police a man entered his restaurant at 3:15 p.m. March 11 and slapped him in the face. The victim called police, and the assailant fled but reportedly drove through the parking lot after officers left.
* The driver's-side rear window of a vehicle was broken, and someone stole $60 running shoes and $70 of office supplies between 12:01 and 6 a.m. March 12.
* Representatives of a business on the 6100 block of Sawmill Road reported two incidents of shoplifting March 16.
In the first incident that occurred at 4:10 p.m. a man left the store without paying for a $35 folding knife.
In the second incident that occurred at 7:40 p.m. a man concealed wrenches worth $75 and left the store without paying.
* A resident of the 5000 block of Cobblestone Drive reported someone stole a $1,250 cellphone, a $200 cell phone and $300 cash at 3 a.m. March 16.