At 12:54 p.m. March 23, two people got into an argument, which led to one man spitting in another's face, on the 300 block of East Livingston Avenue, according to Columbus Division of Police incident reports.
The person who was on the receiving end of the spittle then tore off the front and rear door handles on the driver side of a vehicle, causing $600 damage.
In other recent incident reports from the area:
* Nearly $10,000 worth of tools were stolen between midnight and 8 a.m. March 18 from a vehicle parked on the 800 block of South Lazelle Street.
* A $300 television and $50 game console were reported stolen at 1:13 a.m. March 20 from a residence on the 900 block of South Ninth Street.
* Burglars made off with $350 after they broke the front window of a business at 11:17 p.m. March 21 on the 500 block of East Livingston Ave.
The burglars, who were recorded on surveillance video, caused $1,500 in damage to the front door, according to the report.
* Between 3 p.m. March 21 and 11:30 a.m. March 22, someone broke into a building on the 1000 block of City Park Avenue, but nothing is believed to have been stolen.
* A vehicle was stolen between 11 a.m. and 9:30 p.m. March 22 on the 1100 block of Jaeger Street.
The victim said the keys he had left in the glove compartment could have been used in the theft.