A report of the theft of a shoe, led Dublin police to nab two men wanted on arrest warrants.
According to Dublin Police Department incident reports, a shoe valued at $118.75 was reported stolen at 7:33 p.m. March 29 in a parking lot on the 5800 block of Haddingtonshire Lane.
According to the report, the alleged victim told police he and his son were selling shoes via an internet site and met with a prospective customer.
The customer attempted to drive away with the shoes after asking to inspect them, according to the report. The victim said his son was able to grab one of the shoes before the customer drove away.
After determining the customer's account information, the Dublin Police Community Impact Unit on March 30 identified two suspects attempting to sell the stolen shoe to a person who was actually an investigator. One of the suspects, a 20-year-old Powell man, was wanted on two warrants. One was from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives in relation to a weapons offense, and the second was for a second-degree felonious-assault charge filed by the Columbus Division of Police. The man was arrested at 6:09 p.m. and issued a summons to appear in court to answer the Dublin theft. He then was released into the custody of Columbus Police. The other suspect, an 18-year-old Columbus resident, was issued a summons for theft and a citation for marijuana possession.
In other recent Dublin incident reports:
* A 28-year-old woman was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs April 3 on the 6300 block of Memorial Drive.
* A 30-year-old man was charged with drug possession April 2 at the Dublin Police Department, 6565 Commerce Parkway.
* Motor-vehicle theft and breaking and entering were reported at 11:13 a.m. March 30 in the 6300 block of Rings Road.
* Consumable goods valued at $28.95 were reported stolen at 1:08 p.m. March 29 on the 200 block of West Bridge Street.
* Criminal trespass was reported March 29 on the 7000 block of Violet Veil Court.
* An 18-year-old Hilliard man was charged with criminal trespass and criminal damaging after police at 9:05 p.m. March 27 responded to the 200 block of Perth Drive on the report of a burglary.
A basement window was broken, according to the report.
Four juveniles also could face charges. The Hilliard man and one of the juveniles also admitted to stealing a bicycle valued at $200 and a child's bike valued at $100 from a residence onthe 200 block of Perth Drive.
* Tools valued at $42,050 were reported stolen at 1:30 March 27 on the 6400 block of Shier Rings Road.
* A 55-year-old man was charged with littering March 26 on the first block of North Riverview Street.
* Twenty dollars cash and credit or debit cards were reported stolen at 12:30 p.m. March 24 from a parking lot at Indian Run Falls, 700 Shawan Falls Drive.
* Consumable goods totaling $165.10 were reported stolen at 5:22 p.m. March 23 from a business on the 6500 block of Sawmill Road.
* The theft of $2,500 in cash was reported at 3:06 a.m. March 20 from a business on the 5100 block of Post Road.