A search for three suspicious individuals led officers from the New Albany Police Department to discover vandalism at the Plain Township Aquatic Center, 7650 Swickard Woods Blvd., earlier this month.
Officers at 5:10 a.m. May 6 were looking for three people sighted on New Albany Road at state Route 161, and as part of the search, they checked the pool facility, according to the police report.
They discovered a broken water fountain in the pavilion and a hole in the wall, with a partial footprint next to it. They also found multiple drawings of body parts on the fireplace inside the pavilion and writing on the walls.
Investigators don't believe the individuals reported as suspicious caused the damage because they were not seen in the area, the report said.
In other recent New Albany police incident reports:
* A 23-year-old Heath man was cited for possession of controlled substances and failure to reinstate his license after a traffic stop at 3:56 p.m. May 10 at state Route 161 westbound and Beech Road.
* A 25-year-old Columbus woman was arrested on a Franklin County warrant for felony possession of cocaine after a traffic stop at 4:26 p.m. May 9 at state Route 161 and Kitzmiller Road. She was cited for illegal use or possession of drug paraphernalia and possessing drug-abuse instruments.
* A 29-year-old Columbus man was arrested after a traffic stop at 2:36 p.m. May 7 at state Route 161 eastbound and Beech Road for a felony warrant for drug possession issued by Upper Arlington.
* A 34-year-old Johnstown man was arrested for OVI after a traffic stop at 2:42 a.m. May 7 at Johnstown and Tippet roads. He was also cited for possession of controlled substances.
* At 10:29 a.m. May 6, officers from the Columbus Division of Police recovered a stolen handgun belonging to a New Albany resident. The gun had been reported stolen to the New Albany Police Department.
* The theft of $200 was reported at 1:57 p.m. May 4 from a vehicle parked on the 7000 block of Fernridge Drive.
* A vehicle break-in was reported at 11:43 a.m. May 4 on the 6900 block of Jersey Drive. Nothing was reported stolen.
* The theft of $20 was reported at 11:27 a.m. May 4 from a vehicle parked on the 7300 block of Tumblebrook Drive.