Whitehall police responded to a report of shots fired at 10:40 p.m. May 9 on the 900 block of Dimson Drive East.
Witnesses told police several shots were fired from a vehicle as it sped north on Dimson Drive East.
Police found seven shell casings in the area but did not find any evidence that an object had been struck, according to reports.
In addition, police arrested a 22-year-old Columbus man for improper handling of a firearm in a motor vehicle after responding to a report of a person with a gun at 7:50 p.m. May 8 on the 400 block of South Hamilton Road.
In other recent Whitehall police reports:
* A man told police he was assaulted at 1:20 p.m. May 13 at Dollar General, 3864 E. Broad St.
The man reported another man punched him twice in the face after an argument inside the store.
The suspect fled with a woman, according to reports.
* Burglaries were reported at 10:40 p.m. May 6 on the 700 block of South Yearling Road; and at 7:10 p.m. May 7 on the 4200 block of East Main Street.
* Thefts were reported at 2:05 p.m. May 6 on the 3700 block of East Broad Street; at 11:40 p.m. May 7 on the 400 block of South Hamilton Road; at 1:20 p.m. May 10 on the 3600 block of East Main Street; at 1:25 p.m. May 10 on the 1100 block of South Hamilton Road; at 12:30 a.m. May 12 on the 4500 block of Saint Rita Lane; and at 12:35 p.m. May 12 on the 400 block of North Hamilton Road.
* Property damage was reported at 5:40 p.m. May 6 at East Broad Street and Maplewood Avenue; at 2:50 p.m. May 8 on the 4000 block of East Main Street; at 5:50 p.m. May 9 on the 900 block of Bucknell Road; at 9:30 a.m. May 11 on the first block of Rita Court; and at 8:15 a.m. May 13 on the 4500 block of Etna Road.
* A vehicle was reported stolen at 4:30 p.m. May 11 on the 200 block of Little Flower Lane.