Pickerington Schools recently recognized the top 10 students in each of its high schools' graduating classes.
The COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic altered the last three months of the 2020 school year.
Buildings in Pickerington were closed to students and staff beginning March 16.
On May 23, the school district held virtual commencements for the Pickerington High School Central and Pickerington High School North classes of 2020.
During the drive-up ceremonies held in the high schools' respective parking lots, graduates stepped up individually to receive their diplomas, while onlookers watched from vehicles, along with 2020 classmates waiting for their names to be called.
Although otherwise atypical, the ceremonies did include several traditions, including recognition of the top 10 academic performing students -- or Decem Decori -- for each class.
The Central Decem Decori are:
* Kyle Ayisi, son of K.K. and Yaa Ayisi, who plans to study cognitive science and neuroscience at Princeton University.
* Carter Brown, son of Kimberly and Tyler Brown, who will attend Brigham Young University and study economics.
* Jackson Cohen, son of Debra and Barry Cohen, who will attend Ohio State University and major in mathematics and philosophy.
* Cassidy Cubra, daughter of Robert and Cristina Cubra, who will study mathematics at the United States Air Force Academy.
* Hayley Griggs, daughter of Erin and Jason Griggs, who will attend OSU and major in political science.
* Bridget Haag, daughter of Brian and Jeanette Haag, who will attend OSU and is considering a major in health and rehabilitation sciences.
* Dominique Jones, daughter of Colin and Imani Jones, who will study biology and dance on a pre-medicine track at Emory University.
* Jack Lukich, son of Carol and Darin Lukich, who will study chemical engineering at OSU.
* Rahma Ndao, daughter of Aissata and Ousmane Ndao, who is undecided on a school but plans to study political science.
* Luke Schmeltzer, son of Richard and Bobbi Schmeltzer, who is undecided on a school but plans to major in physics and astronomy.
The North Decem Decori are:
* Claire Combs, daughter of Charles and Kathi Combs, who plans to attend Marshall University and study chemistry on a pre-med track.
* Kevin Le, son of Tin and Thuy Le, who will attend OSU and study computer science engineering.
* Elise Moore, daughter of Bernadette and Steven Moore, who will attend Case Western Reserve University and double major in medical anthropology and public health.
* Aaron Moraine, son of Stephanie and Bob Moraine, who will attend OSU and double major in business and finance.
* Kimberly Nguyen, daughter of Viet and Yen Le Nguyen, who will study neuroscience at the College of Wooster.
* Conner Peine, son of Michael and Melissa Peine, who will study biology at Brigham Young University.
* Leah Kay Sherry, daughter of Paul and Melinda Sherry, who will major in mechanical engineering at OSU.
* Caden Thieken, son of Lori and James Thieken, who plans to attend OSU and study computer science.
* Brennan Santa, daughter of Andrea and Jeff Santa, who will attend Miami University of Ohio and is undecided on a major.
* Sarah Woodlief, daughter of Betsy Schmerler and Cameron Woodlief, who will attend Northeastern University and major in engineering.