Men inspect the Columbus police station and workhouse, 515 Sullivant Ave., after a tornado damaged the building May 2, 1929.

The west cell block is visible beneath the collapsed roof.

Two prisoners were killed and 10 injured.

The station opened in 1896 and was demolished in 1931 after the opening of the new headquarters at Marconi Boulevard and Gay Street.