German Village: Woman reports items missing from residence
A woman reported at 12:30 p.m. June 19 she believes someone is entering her apartment on the 140 block of South High Street and removing things, according to Columbus Division of Police incident reports.
The woman said there have been no signs of forced entry, but she noticed $300 worth of clothing, $500 worth of jewelry, $600 worth of family heirlooms and personal identification have been stolen.
She said that she repeatedly has changed the security locks on her doors but the items still have gone missing. She also said she is not receiving her own mail but is receiving other people's mail.
In other recent incident reports from German Village:
* A contractor allegedly did $565 worth of damage to another man's fence at 12:46 p.m. Sept. 26, 2019, on the 300 block of East Beck Street.
According to the report, the contractor was working on a neighbor's yard when he hit the complainant's fence with an excavator.
The complainant said he has tried since the September incident occurred to receive compensation for the damage.
* A vehicle was reported stolen at 7:05 a.m. June 19 on the 200 block of East Sycamore Street. The keys had been left in the vehicle, according to reports.
* A man said his car was vandalized, resulting in $3,000 damage, between 7:50 a.m. and 2:45 p.m. June 19 on the 200 block of East Livingston Avenue.
The man said the vandal used a sharp object to gouge the vehicle's paint.
* At 10:54 p.m. May 30, someone broke into a business on the 500 block of South Fourth Street and stole $7,500 worth of liquor.
* Between 6 p.m. June 19 and 8:35 a.m. June 22, someone broke into a business in the 500 block of South Front Street and did $500 worth of damage to two cash registers.
* A man said he was robbed at 8 p.m. June 15 at the intersection of South High Street and Greenlawn Avenue.
The man said two assailants assaulted him and took $75 cash, his identification, Social Security card and prescription pills. The man was taken to the hospital with a broken rib and jaw.
* Miscellaneous tools valued at $3,000 were stolen between 2 and 7 a.m. June 19 from a vehicle parked on the 1000 block of City Park Avenue.
* A man said he was attacked by another man wielding a hockey stick at 12:30 p.m. June 19 at the corner of South Front Street and Greenlawn Avenue.
The man was hit in the face and his wounds required medical attention.