Upper Arlington: Apparel store loses registers in break-in
A sports apparel store in the 1300 block of West Lane Avenue reported a break-in at the business about 6:15 a.m. June 23.
According to reports, an unidentified suspect broke out a front window to the business, causing $400 in damage, and entered the business.
The suspect reportedly stole four cash registers and an unknown amount of cash before leaving in an unidentified vehicle. Although the total money stolen reportedly was unknown, the registers reportedly were valued together at $5,500, and at least $1,200 in cash was missing.
In other recent Upper Arlington Police Division reports:
* A man on the 3100 block of Tremont Road reported the theft of two bicycles valued together at $1,700 from his garage between 8 a.m. June 22 and 1 p.m. June 24.
* A woman on the 2700 block of Welsford Road reported the theft of two bikes valued together at $1,336. No time or date was provided for the incident.
* A man on the 1200 block of Windham Road reported a breaking and entering. No other information and time or date was provided.
* Automotive supplies valued at $300 reportedly were stolen from a business on the 1800 block of Riverside Drive between 4:30 and 4:37 a.m. June 22. The items reportedly were stolen by someone who cut into a shed, causing $20 in damage.
* Two bikes valued together at $1,700 reportedly were stolen from a man's driveway on the 1800 block of Barrington Road between 5:40 and 5:50 a.m. June 22.
* A bike valued at $500 and a bike lock valued at $50 reportedly were stolen from the 3100 block of Tremont Road between 11 a.m. June 18 and 11 a.m. June 24.
* A bike valued at $750 reportedly was stolen from a man's open garage on the 3800 block of Mountview Road between 8 a.m. June 18 and 9 a.m. June 19.
* Tools valued at $3,000 reportedly were stolen from a man's garage on the 4800 block of Stonehaven Drive between 10 p.m. June 18 and 10 a.m. June 19.
* A 19-year-old man living in the 2500 block of Sandover Road was charged with underage possession of alcohol, obstructing official business and falsification after police reportedly located him, as well as another man and a woman, near the intersection of Coach Road and Sandover Court at 2:08 a.m. June 14.
The officer reportedly observed an opened case of beer next to the suspects and believed them to be under the age of 21. When stopped for questioning, the man reportedly provided police with a false name before fleeing from the scene while the officer was communicating with the other two witnesses. The man was charged after other witnesses identified him, and he was located after his parents were contacted by police.