Delaware: Business duped by price-tag switcheroo
The Delaware Police Department said a business on the 1300 block of Sunbury Road lost $164 when someone swapped the price tags of two items.
The business provided documentation that merchandise valued at $210 was purchased for $46, police said.
The incident was reported at 9:52 a.m. July 9.
In other recent Delaware police reports:
• A person suffering from an apparent drug overdose was found on the 300 block of Chelsea Street at 11:36 p.m. July 10 and taken to Grady Memorial Hospital, reports said.
• A man was charged with improper handling of a firearm in a vehicle during a traffic stop on the 100 block of South Sandusky Street at 5:14 p.m. July 8, according to reports.
• A man and woman were arrested at 1:45 a.m. July 12 for possession of drug-abuse instruments at Fern and Birch Row drives, reports said.
• A bicycle valued at $100 was stolen from the porch of a home at Montrose Avenue and West William Street in a theft reported at 8 a.m. July 11.
An officer on patrol found the bike later the same day on London Road; it was returned to the owner.
• A counterfeit $100 bill was passed at 3:19 p.m. July 11 at a business on the 1700 block of Columbus Pike, according to reports.
• A catalytic converter was stolen from a vehicle parked on the 1200 block of Columbus Pike in a theft reported at 12:28 a.m. July 10.
• Graffiti was painted on a building on the first block of West Winter Street in vandalism reported at 12:26 p.m. July 8.
• A man reportedly was arrested for possession of a controlled substance at 8:37 p.m. July 7 on the 1100 block of Berlin Station Road.