New Albany: Party complaint leads to physical-control citation
A Sept. 13 noise complaint resulted in a citation for physical control of a vehicle while under the influence of alcohol or drugs for a 24-year-old Columbus woman, according to the New Albany Police Department.
An officer at 11:10 p.m. Sept. 13 responded to the 100 block of West Main Street after a caller notified dispatchers that a party involving four to five people was taking place at a residence next to hers and that she could smell marijuana.
The caller said one of the individuals involved urinated in the middle of the roadway near West Main Street.
When the officer arrived, he saw two people walking across West Main Street south of Market Street near the caller's address.
He saw the two people enter a vehicle and saw the driver, the Columbus woman, move it backward and forward in a parking space on West Main Street.
She was given a traffic citation and a court date in New Albany Mayor's Court.
In other recent New Albany police incident reports:
* A 33-year-old Columbus man was cited for physical control, possession of controlled substances, marijuana paraphernalia possession and marijuana possession after officers at 4:25 a.m. Sept. 13 contacted a suspicious vehicle parked on the 5000 block of Forest Drive.
* A 57-year-old Columbus man was charged with OVI after a traffic stop at 11:24 p.m. Sept. 12 at state Route 161 and Johnstown Road.
* A 48-year-old Sunbury man was cited for drug paraphernalia after a traffic stop at 9:26 p.m. Sept. 12 at New Albany and Central College roads.
* A 51-year-old New Albany man was charged with OVI after a traffic stop at 1:53 a.m. Sept. 12 at Millbrook Farm Drive and Beech Road.
* A 49-year-old Thornville man was cited for drug paraphernalia, drug abuse and controlled-substance possession or use after a traffic stop at 1:46 p.m. Sept. 11 at New Albany-Condit and New Albany roads.
* Vandalism to a car by paint balls was reported at 12:59 p.m. Sept. 10 on the 200 block of Strome.