Upper Arlington: 19-year-old faces drug charges after traffic stop
A 19-year-old Dublin man was charged with several counts of drug possession after a traffic stop at 11:25 p.m. Aug. 15 near Riverside Drive and Bethel Road, according to the Upper Arlington Police Division.
The traffic stop was initiated because the man was speeding, according to the police report.
Upon approaching the vehicle, a patrol officer detected the odor of burnt marijuana coming from the vehicle. A search allegedly turned up an open jar of moonshine, a plastic bag containing 1 1/2 white pills with markings indicating a benzodiazepine narcotic and an unknown yellow pill.
The officer also reported he found a backpack in the vehicle's backseat that contained one Adderall pill, suspected marijuana and four benzodiazepine pills.
A 14-year-old boy who was riding in the vehicle was released to his parents. The 19-year-old was transported to Franklin County jail.
In other recent Upper Arlington police incident reports:
* A firearm valued at $300 and a piece of art valued at $100 were reported stolen from a woman's residence on the 1000 block of Highland Drive between Aug. 14 and 21.
* A man on the 1900 block of North Star Road reported a woman stole two packages off his front porch at 3:10 p.m. Aug. 24.
* An 18-year-old Upper Arlington man was charged with underage possession of alcohol and disorderly conduct after a traffic stop near Brandon and Zollinger roads at 10:30 p.m. Aug. 22.
* A 27-year-old Columbus man was charged with criminal mischief and criminal trespassing after he allegedly was observed attempting to break into vehicles on the 3800 and 3900 blocks of Kenny Road at 11:35 p.m. Aug. 21.
* A woman on the 2500 block of Clairmont Court reported someone stole and forged personal checks valued at $9,724 from her mailbox between July 9 and Aug. 21.
* A toolbox and tools valued at $390 were stolen from a man's open garage on the 4400 block of Willowbrook Road between 4:20 and 4:30 a.m. Aug. 21.
* Tools valued at $630 were stolen from a Columbus man's vehicle while parked on the 1900 block of Riverside Drive between 9:10 and 10:21 p.m. Aug. 21.
* A bicycle valued at $1,000, "other equipment" valued at $500, sports equipment valued at $65 and tools valued at $551 were stolen from a man's garage on the 2600 block of Chartwell Road between 8 a.m. Aug. 19 and 6:20 p.m. Aug. 21.