OPINION

Moment in Time: March 18

ThisWeek group
Franklin Park Conservatory, 1777 E. Broad St. in Columbus, opened to the public Feb. 17, 1897, with 40,000 plants on display and every color of the rainbow represented. An article in The Columbus Dispatch declared the display “equal and in some instances surpassing public conservatories of larger cities.” Special attractions included a philodendron, azaleas and a rubber tree. The Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens is open 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily.