Moment in Time: June 3

ThisWeek group
The Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens Palm House, 1777 E. Broad St. in Columbus, opened Feb. 17, 1897. It was designed by Columbus architect John M. Freese, who also designed the expansion to Mount Carmel Hospital in 1891 and the original Columbus Athenaeum building in 1898. Freese died May 7, 1911, and his funeral was held at his home at 129 S. Grant Ave., now the site of OhioHealth Grant Medical Center.