OPINION

Moment in Time: June 10

ThisWeek group
Gov. James M. Cox spoke at the men’s supper club May 5, 1913, at the First Methodist Episcopal Church, 873 Bryden Road in Columbus, to discuss a new liquor-license law and its effect on saloons in the state. The meeting was not restricted to only church members. The church was dedicated Feb. 4, 1900. The congregation disbanded in 1968, and the First African Methodist Episcopal Zion Church took over the building and maintains it today.