Grandview Moment in Time
This building at 1381 W. Third Ave. was built and purchased in 1925, and has always been a business that cares for cars and their owners.
Previously owned and operated as an auto repair business, never as a gasoline station, it was purchased in 1969 by George W. Burchfield (inset).
His sons, Ted and Larry, worked for their father throughout their high school and college years.
After serving in the U.S. Army, Larry came back to the garage to help his father and eventually took over the everyday operation in 1982.
The business flourished as the Burchfield reputation grew.
Repairing cars and dealing with customer's concerns about their vehicles became second nature with the business.
This led to Larry offering advice to and purchasing cars for his customers.