Notre Dame at Virginia odds, picks and prediction
The Notre Dame Fighting Irish (3-7 overall, 0-4 ACC) visit the Virginia Cavaliers (7-2, 3-0) Wednesday for a 4:30 p.m. ET tip-off. Below, we analyze the Notre Dame-Virginia college basketball betting odds and lines, with picks and predictions.
Virginia is No. 22 in the Ferris Mowers Coaches Poll powered by USA TODAY Sports.
Notre Dame at Virginia: Betting odds, spread and lines
- Money line : Notre Dame +400 (bet $100 to win $400) | Virginia -560 (bet $560 to win $100)
- Against the spread/ATS : Notre Dame +9.5 (-110) | Virginia -9.5 (-110)
- Over/Under : 124.5 (O: -110 | U: -110)
Notre Dame at Virginia: Three things to know
- Notre Dame enters on a 3-game skid and has lost 5 of its last 6 contests. The most recent setback was a 77-63 defeat at No. 20 Virginia Tech Sunday as the Irish failed to cover as 6.5-point underdogs. Notre Dame has covered the spread only once in its last 6 games. Junior F Nate Laszewski leads the Irish with 17.2 points per game and 7.8 rebounds per game.
- Virginia owns a 3-game win streak and is 6-1 in its last 7 games. The Cavaliers' most recent victory was a 61-49 decision at Boston College Saturday as 9.5-point favorites. Virginia hasn't covered the spread in back-to-back games yet this season. Senior F Sam Hauser averages 13.7 PPG and 7.3 RPG to lead the Cavs in both categories.
- Virginia took the season's first matchup with Notre Dame, claiming a 66-57 victory as a 7-point road favorite Dec. 30. Junior G Kihei Clark's 19 points and Hauser's 13 points and game-high 10 rebounds paced the Cavaliers, while Laszewski scored a career-high 28 points for the Irish. Virginia leads the all-time series 15-2 and is 10-0 in ACC regular-season games vs. Notre Dame. The Irish's last win vs. the Cavs was 71-58 as 3.5-point underdogs in an ACC tourney quarterfinal March 9, 2017.
Special College Basketball Betting Promotion!
Bet $1 on any college basketball team money line, WIN an additional $100 (in free bets) if ANY team hits a 3-pointer today. Promotion available in CO, IN, NJ, TN and WV. IA and PA residents, don't miss BetMGM 's risk-free, first-bet offer! MI residents, BetMGM is coming to your state soon - register early for special promotion.
Place your legal, online sports bets at BetMGM! Terms and conditions apply. Bet now!
Notre Dame at Virginia: Odds, betting lines, predictions and picks
Virginia 65, Notre Dame 53
Money line (ML)
PASS. Virginia (-560) will win, but it's not smart to risk nearly 6 times your potential return.
Against the spread (ATS)
VIRGINIA -9.5 ( -110) is worth a HALF-UNIT wager. It's a big line for a team that plays low-scoring games. The Cavs are 1-0 ATS when favored between 7.5 to 9.5 points, while the Irish are 1-1 ATS when underdogs between 7.5 to 9.5 points. When it comes to 10-point lines or higher, Virginia is 1-2 ATS as a favorite and Notre Dame is 1-0 ATS as an underdog.
ATS: Notre Dame 3-7 | Virginia 5-4
The UNDER 124.5 ( -110) is the STRONGEST PLAY - 1½ times your usual wager. Virginia's defense ranks 11th in the country with just 59.4 PPG allowed. Notre Dame hasn't scored more than 57 points in any of its last five outings vs. Virginia, including a 49-point performance in an overtime loss last season.
O/U records: Notre Dame 5-5 | Virginia 4-5
|Johnny's 2020-21 CBK record / Strongest plays|
26-23 / 10-14
|CBK record since Jan. 1 / Strongest plays|
11-6 / 5-4
|2021 overall record (all sports) / Strongest plays|
21-11 / 11-6
|2020 overall record (all sports) / Strongest plays|
178-147-4 / 87-61-1
Additional college sports coverage from USA TODAY Sports Media Group:
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage.